Depeche Mode will give a concert in Budapest on 21 May 2013 (Tuesday) from 20:00. The British music band’s concert is expected to finish by 23:00. For reaching Puskás Ferenc Stadion the fastest and quickest way, we recommend that fans use public transport as described in this press release.
Take public transport to Puskás Ferenc Stadion
Puskás Ferenc Stadion, the venue of Depeche Mode’s concert can be reached the fastest and quickest way by public transport. We recommend that our passengers use primarily metro line M2 and tram line 1, since both lines stop at Sportaréna and they are fixed-rail vehicles, therefore congestion will not block their service to interfere with their timetables. Passengers who are not in possession of a valid pass are recommended to purchase their tickets in advance so that they will not have to stand in line when going home after the concert. The location of the concert can be reached, as follows:
- We recommend metro line M2 for passengers going to the Aréna from Buda, the city centre and Kőbánya. Please get off at the Puskás Ferenc Stadion metrostop.
- Tramline 1 is recommended for passengers going to the Aréna from Óbuda, the 13th district and Ferencváros. Please get off at the Puskás Ferenc Stadion metro stop.
- Buses 30, 30A or 230 are recommended for passengers going to the Aréna from Káposztásmegyer, Újpest or Angyalföld. Please get off at Keleti pályaudvar bus terminus and change to metro line M2.
- Sportaréna can be reached the easiest way from Rákospalota and the 16th district by bus 130. Please get off at Puskás Ferenc Stadion bus terminus.
- It is practical for passengers from Pestszentlőrinc, Kispest and Kőbánya to take bus 95 which terminates at Puskás Ferenc Stadion metro stop (Ifjúság útja).
- From Újlipótváros and the vicinity of Városliget passengers can reach Puskás Ferenc Stadion metro stop directly by trolleybus 75. From the inner parts of Zugló we recommend trolleybus 80A. Please get off at Puskás Ferenc metro stop (Hungária körút).
- We recommend tramlines 19, 41, 47 and 49 and metro line M2 from Dél-Buda.
Take public transport after the concert, too!
We provide a wide range of opportunities in public transport for you to be able to get home from Puskás Ferenc Stadion.
- For reaching Buda, the city centre and Kőbánya, we recommend metro line M2 which will run more frequently if necessary. The last train departs from the Puskás Ferenc Stadion metro stop to Déli pályaudvar at 23:23 and to Örs vezér tere at 23:42. We provide the opportunity at the Puskás Ferenc Stadion metro stop even after the concert to those who are not in possession of a valid travel certificate to purchase a ticket.
- For reaching Óbuda, the 13rd district and Ferencváros we recommend tramline 1. The last train departs Puskás Ferenc Stadion stop to Közvágóhíd at 23:51 and to Bécsi út at 23:21. We recommend bus 901 to passengers who intend to leave for home only later.
- Passengers can reach Káposztásmegyer, Újpest or Angyalföld by metro line M2 to Keleti pályaudvar and change to bus 30 after the concert, which is expected to finish at 23:00. Buses 30A and 230 will have stopped their daily service by that time. The last bus 30 departs Keleti pályaudvar M terminus at 23:33.
- For reaching Újpalota, Rákospalota and the 16th district, the best choice is bus 130. The last bus departs Puskás Ferenc Stadion M terminus at 23:11.
- For reaching Pestszentlőrinc, Kispest and Kőbánya we recommend bus 95. The last bus departs Puskás Ferenc Stadion M terminus (Ifjúság útja) at 23:01.
- For reaching Újlipótváros, and the vicinity of Városliget the last bus 75 departs Puskás Ferenc Stadion M terminus at 23:19. Passengers can reach the inner parts of Zugló by trolleybus 80 in the evening. The last bus departs Puskás Ferenc Stadion M stop (Hungária körút) at 23:35.
We recommend our following night services to passengers who wish to leave Puskás Ferenc Stadion around or after midnight:
- night buses 901, 937 and 918 running on the route of tram 1
- night bus 908 to Kőbánya, Sashalom, Mátyásföld and Cinkota on the Pest side and towards Kelenföld via the 2nd district, Sasad and Őrmező on the Buda side.
- night bus 931 towards Rózsadomb and the 16th district
- night bus 956 towards Hűvösvölgy and Kőbánya
- night bus 990 towards Rákoskeresztúr and Normafa
Getting there by car and parking
Puskás Ferenc Stadion is located in the 14th district in Zugló at Stefánia út 2. The car park with a capacity for 1,160 cars can be approached via Ifjúság útja from Stefánia út, Kerepesi út or Dózsa György út. Motorists arriving from outside Budapest can reach the Sportaréna on Hungária körút after leaving the motorway. Parking fee is 1,000 HUF/occasion during the concert.
We wish Depeche Mode’s fans a great concert!
Budapest, 17 May 2013.
BKK Centre for Budapest Transport