The mobile ticket is a Budapest public transport ticket or pass purchasable through a mobile application offered by NM Zrt. A live data connection is required for use. Find out more by clicking on the arrows in the pictures.
The travelcards and passes purchased as a mobile ticket with a mobile phone can be used for travel in the same way as paper based travelcards and passes, but a major difference is that while paper tickets must be shown to the driver upon boarding through the front door (on services with that boarding policy), or to access guards at metro stations, in the case of mobile tickets the validation codes must be scanned using a smart phone and the appearing animation must be shown to the driver or access guard.
The airport shuttlebus ticket requires validation: the paper version needs to be stamped with a validating machine, while the displayed validation code needs to be scanned for the mobile ticket. The journey must not be started without validating the airport shuttlebus ticket.
Please see the details below to find out about the simple purchase process and about how to use the mobile ticket.
1. Download the app required for buying the mobile ticket
If you have not yet installed an app on your smart phone for purchasing mobile tickets, please click on "Download" to access the selection of apps. Select and download the most suitable one. The app by the National Mobile Payment Plc. (Nemzeti Mobilfizetési Zrt./NM Zrt.) is available from the Google Play store and the App Store in both Hungarian and English.
2. Please register before first use
For you to be able to use the service and buy a mobile ticket any time, you need to register and provide your invoicing data within the app before the first use.
3. For purchase, select the mobile ticket that is most suitable for you and provide the required data
To do this, please log into the app and touch "Purchase". Select the ticket type; provide the required data, select the payment method and touch "Payment". After successful payment, the purchased mobile ticket becomes available for use immediately.
4. On airport shuttlebus 100E scan the displayed code to validate your ticket
As you get on bus 100E, log in to the app and select the already purchased shuttlebus ticket. Please touch "Validate on board" and scan the code displayed on board by using the activated camera of your phone. A live data connection is needed for doing this.
After the code has been successfully scanned, you need to present the appearing animated symbol to your driver or to the staff carrying out ticket inspection. You must not start your journey without validating your ticket.
5. On services where boarding must be done through the front door, scan the code and show the animation to your driver to check validity
Upon boarding, log in to the app and select the ticket or pass for the given line. Please touch "Scan code for ride" then scan the validation code. A live data connection is needed for doing this.
After the code has been successfully scanned, you need to present the appearing animated symbol to your driver as this proves that your mobile ticket is valid.
6. On the metro network, please scan the displayed code before entering the territory of the station and show the animation to control staff on duty.
Before you enter a metro station, select your already valid ticket. Then touch "Scan code for ride" and scan the code displayed on the ticket validating machine. After the code has been scanned successfully, the animated symbol appearing in the app needs to be shown to the control staff. Please note that a live data connection is required for scanning the code.
7. On all other services, presenting the mobile ticket is needed only during ticket inspection
On buses, trolleybuses and trams where boarding is done through all doors, you do not need to scan the validation code as you get on. You must present your mobile ticket and the matching ticket code only if a ticket inspector asks you to do so.
8. Please present your valid mobile ticket for control by a ticket inspector
If inspectors are controlling tickets during your journey, select your valid ticket in the app and show the matching ticket code by touching the icon found in the left bottom corner of the ticket. This means that the inspector will check this ticket code along with the photo ID linked to the mobile ticket and not the animated picture.
BKK Centre for Budapest Transport aims to make ticket purchase simpler, more convenient and quicker through the introduction of the mobile ticket. Please try this new sales channel and send your feedback to [email protected] so we can learn from your experience. Thank you in advance.
Direct services related to the apps are offered by the respective distributors, while the transport service accessible with a valid mobile ticket is offered by BKK Zrt.
- Airport shuttle bus single ticket (100E)
- • 24-hour Budapest-travelcard
- • 72-hour Budapest-travelcard
- • Seven-day Budapest-travelcard
- Full-price passes:
- • 15-day Budapest-pass
- • 15-day Budapest pass (business)
- • Monthly Budapest-pass
- • Monthly Budapest-pass (business)
- Discount-price passes:
- • 15-day Budapest-pass for pupils
- • Monthly Budapest-pass for pupils
- • Monthly Budapest-pass for students
- • Monthly Budapest-pass for pensioners
- • Monthly Budapest-pass for parents with small children
Also, the phone needs to have an active data connection for both the purchase process and travel.
If validity has not started yet, please get a refund for your current travelcard or pass in the app and buy a new one providing the new ID number.
Please use the following contact options for general feedback or questions:
- • E-mail: [email protected];
- • Phone: +36 1 3 255 255;
- • Postal address: BKK Zrt., 1075 Budapest, Rumbach Sebestyén u. 19–21.
Regarding technical issues (such as the operation of the app, registration, payment process, invoicing etc.), customers are advised to use the contact details shown within the app.
Please see further details of travelling with a mobile ticket under the Travel section.
Travelcards and passes are personalised, thus each passenger must purchase his or her own within their own user account.
The amount of your purchase is at first only blocked in your bank account (you will be sent a notification about this at the time of purchase), your bank will book the charge after verifying that the transaction has been successful. If the purchased item does not appear among “not yet valid” ones, the blocked amount will probably be released. Please contact your bank concerning this.
Please consult the timetables on the BKK website or at the stop to see to which service the front-door boarding policy applies.
If inspectors are controlling tickets during your journey, select your valid ticket in the app and show the matching ticket code by touching the icon found in the bottom left corner of the ticket.
Such an error message is displayed if you wish to use a ticket that is not valid for the given line, for example:
- • if you wish to use the metro services in possession of the Airport shuttle bus single ticket, as that ticket type is valid only for bus line 100E.
- • if you wish to ride airport shuttlebus 100E in possession of a daily travelcard or a pass, as those are not valid for the shuttle service.
If you see the error message above, please double check to see if you have selected the appropriate ticket.